latest Post

NLS9 Pre-Conference Panel and Workshop: Putting together a conference proposal


It was just over a year ago I was standing on the freezing steps of the National Library in Canberra, ready to head into my first big Libraryland event with no idea what to expect.
That chilly Friday I was feeling a lot of things; excited, cold, thirsty for coffee … and, a little lonely.
I only know one person who would be there, so I was worried the weekend ahead would be me sitting by myself through many a presentation and sidling up hopefully to groups in the break. Well, I need not worry. Waiting at the door of the first workshop a circle of people immediately welcomed me (no sidling required).
"Where are you from?"
"Perth.
"
A small cheer!
"Now we've got someone from every state!" 

From that point on I always had a familiar face to share the NLS experience with, and meeting and getting to know new people was as easy as sharing a smile.  

NLS8 was inspiring and energising. I loved it so much I jumped on the chance to join the committee for NLS9 and I am so excited for what's in store next year.  Thinking of all I gained from NLS8, I really want you to come along to NLS9, especially if you're a new grad and have never been to an event like this before. Even more than that, I would encourage you to submit a proposal to present. I know that in your heart there is something you are passionate about, and that passion deserves to be shared. Have you done something different with your library service that you're proud of? Have you formed an unusual partnership? Or maybe you've turned one aspect of library service on its head?

NLS9's theme of Collaborate, Innovate, Deviate is the perfect place to share your stuff.  If you're not sure where to start, then we are here to help!  Our upcoming event will help you get your submission into shape, and even if you don't have an idea right now, it will hopefully spark an idea that you can turn into a proposal.
We will view a pre-recorded panel about putting a proposal 
together. After the screening, we will workshop your ideas with the help of our own panel of seasoned conference presenters.

So, what do you need to do next?  Have a look at the NLS9 page to learn a bit more about the conference and what they're looking for in terms of submissions. http://nls9.com.au 

Register for our event  at this link -
https://tinyurl.com/NLS9conferenceworkshop

In the meantime, feel free to reach out to me ness.fryer@outlook.com if you have questions!

Hopefully I'll see you on the 7th
  
 

About Unknown

Unknown
Recommended Posts × +